Tours & Activities in Zagreb
So, your path led you to Zagreb and you don't know what to do? Let us show you!
Join us on a two-hour stroll through Zagreb and get to know the history, culture and the lifestyle of its people. We will tell you all our urban legends and love stories, and show you all the hidden secrets lurking behind every corner.
Although we'll stay mainly in the oldest part of the city, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn about our recent history, the communist era and the War for Independence in the early 90’s.
We'll start our tour at the beautiful Zrinjevac square, as we call it, and then continue our adventure by visiting the following locations and attractions:
1. Main Square of Zagreb
2. Zagreb Cathedral
3. Dolac Open Market
4. Bloody Bridge
5. Grič Tunnel
6. Lotščak Tower
7. St. Mark’s Church
8. Stone Gates
At the end, we'll part our ways at the Main Square, where we usually finish our stroll.
Do not hesitate to ask us questions about anything you’d like to know or about any recommendations on what to do afterwards. Our guide Robert has eight years of experience as a tour guide, as well as a degree in Croatian culture. Dare to be curious!
A 2-hour special introduction to the city of Zagreb guided exclusively by guides with 500+ tours experience. Never becoming "yet another boring tour", the tour focuses both on history and culture as well as the modern everyday life of Zagreb as the capital of Croatia.
The path has led you to Zagreb and you would like to learn more about the city, how it has developed through the centuries, to modern days?
Join me on my tour of Zagreb Upper Town, I will share history, legends and stories, how people lived in Zagreb before, to modern everyday life.
On our route, we will visit must-see places in Zagreb but also some hidden gems, off the beaten track!
On our route we will visit:
- Ban Jelačić Square (The Main Square) - tour start
- The Cathedral
- Dolac open Market
- Tkalčićeva Street
- Bloody Bridge
- The Stone Gate
- St. Marks Church
- Lotrščak Tower
- Grič Tunnel ( WWII Tunnel )*
- Ban Jelačić square - tour end
*Occasionally WW2 underground tunnels might not be included in the tour during public events in the tunnel.
Let's explore Zagreb's history, while enjoying the present!
Immerse yourself in the history, culture, and everyday life of Croatia's capital.
See the most important landmarks of Zagreb Upper Town (built during medivial time) and Lower Town (built on turn of centiries 19th to 20th) and listen to nice, uncommon and interesting stories.
Feel the warmth of local people alongside your guide who was born, grew up, and lives in Zagreb all her life - in the same city, but in two countries 🙂
The tour includes:
- Zrinjevac Square - Music Pavilion - meeting point of the tour
- introduction including basic information and data on Zagreb and Croatia
- old meteorological post
- Ban Jelacic Square
- story about Ban Jelacic and his horse
- the most popular legend that tells how Zagreb got a name
- passageway built at the turn of century (19th to 20th)
- story about the tie (kravata)
- Ilica Street
- the most popular shopping street of Zagreb Lower town
- story about the shortest funicular in the world
- Lotrscak Tower
- old medieval tower with a cannon still in everyday use
- St. Catherine's Square
- with a nice baroque church and the oldest high school in Zagreb
- Plateau Gradec – the best view on Zagreb Cathedral - main Roman Catholic church in Croatia
- St. Mark's Square
- with the church of St. Mark, the Croatian Parliament, and the Seat of the Croatian government
- Stone Gate
- only preserved gate to the old medieval town
- story about an old painting
- Tkalciceva Street
- nowadays a pedestrian street full of cafes, bars, pubs, and restaurants
- find out what this street was famous for in the past time – you might be surprised 🙂
The tour ends in Tkalciceva Street, close to the main Zagreb square - Ban Jelacic Square
Let's walk, talk, and have fun together 🙂
Your Zagreb guru guide, Marina