Tours & Activities in Delhi
DO NOT MISS - THIS IS THE ONLY TOUR OF ITS KIND IN DELHI - EXPERIENCE THE AUTHENTIC INDIAN HOSPITALITY
Your ever long desire to spend some relaxing time with an Indian family at their home during your visit to India and know all about India over a delicious meal ends here.
During this unique tour, the Guests shall get a rare chance to interact with an Indian Family at their home.
The Experience shall consist of the following -
1. The Guest shall be welcomed by the Guru into his home in a traditional Indian way.
2. The Guests shall be served local snacks as per their choice.
3. The Guests shall be told about Hindu culture and traditions including a visit to Hindu Temple in the Guru's home.
4. The Guests shall take a tour of the home - see how Indian homes are styled.
5. While relaxing on the couch, the Guests shall be taught few Hindi phrases which can be useful for them during their stay in India.
6. Lunch or Dinner shall be served (ending with a Dessert) during the Experience. If desired, the Guests shall be able to participate in the cooking process also.
7. The Guests shall also get an opportunity to learn some cool Bollywood dancing steps from the Guru & his wife.
8. Freshly prepared hot Masaala Chai shall be served to the Guests during the Experience.
Useful and important information:
♣ The Guests shall be able to ask all their burning questions about Indian culture and the Guru shall answer them.
♣ Unlimited mineral bottled water shall be served during the Experience.
♣ The Guests shall have free access to high speed wifi at the Guru's home.
♣ The Guests shall be given fresh Aprons and Towels during the cooking process at Guru's home.
♣ Female Guests can get Henna (Mehndi) on their hands/palms absolutely free from Guru's wife.
♣ Recipe of all snacks / meals / desserts shall be shared with Guests.
Special Focus -
1. If you are History buff and wish to learn about the the Mughal Dynasty which constructed the Taj Mahal, ask the Guru for a special talk on it during the tour. This shall be very helpful for the Guests visiting historical sites in Delhi & Agra.
2. If you interested to know about why 108 is regarded as a holy number in Indian culture, ask the Guru for a special talk on it during the tour. You shall be fascinated by the reasons behind 108 being the most sacred number in Indian culture.
1. If the given time under 'Availability' does not suit you, please feel free to ask the Guru for an alternate time.
2. The Guru can further customize the tour as desired by the Guest to focus more on one aspect viz. cooking or culture or dancing etc.
3. This tour is open only for non-Indians as the Guru wishes to showcase Indian culture to Guests travelling to India.
--- IF YOU HAVEN'T TAKEN THIS TOUR IN DELHI, YOUR VISIT TO INDIA IS INCOMPLETE ---
Only EXPERIENCE on GURUWALK that gives you full OLD DELHI, MOUTH WATERING FOOD & SIKH RELIGIOUS TOUR EXPERIENCES!
Note - • Our main priority is to provide " Safe & Secure" experience to all our guests and make sure to help them from preventing any scams by anyone.
*Firstly we will start our "EXPERIENCE" by visiting - • Red Fort - The Red Fort or Lal Qila is a historic fort in Old Delhi. We will take a walk at the Red Fort from the outside.
• Dariba Kalan & Kinari Bazar.
• Nau Ghara Gali - Naughara means nine (nau) houses (ghar). This alluring alley in Chandni Chowk has nine houses. One of the best lanes for good pictures.
• Chandni Chowk - The Chandni Chowk, also known as Moonlight Square is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Old Delhi.
• Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib - We will visit historical Sikh Gurudwara ( Sikh Temple ) and It's Kitchen where they prepare food for more than 10,000 people for free.
• Masjid Fatehpuri ( Mosque Fatehpuri ) - One of the Mosque build by Shah Jahan's wife in 1650.
• Khari Baoli - Asia's largest wholesale spice market selling a variety of spices, nuts, herbs and food products like rice and tea.
• Mouth Watering Food - We will visit some of the best and historical food places in Old Delhi. We will try different variety of tried and tasted safety Indian food,
Guests who really wanted to have an experience where they can explore the best and the core areas of the city than can only be done by the experts. Please come and have a wonderful experience together. Thanks very much!
"Mehrauli Archaeological park", a Historic site encompassing many heritage ruins.
Unravel the various historical layers of Delhi with this unique local tour. Discover plenty of monuments & ruins scattered over there belonging to different dynasties ruling over Delhi. Also be amzed to know that your are exploring the spots where where no one dare to tread during the night time as they are considered to be among the most haunted spots of Delhi. Also be lucky to Spot various species of exotic Birds hidden among the dense greenery and woods. Spooky and fun , aren't they?
- Meet the walk leader outside the Qutub Minar Metro Train Station Exit Gate: Our knowledgeable guide well versed in the history and heritage of the place. He will startoff with a brief history about the place and relics. Time to discover the ruins of historic “Mehrauli Archeological park”. Delhi’s fascinating layers of history lies bare in front of you. Sail through through centuries of the Delhi's past, while our walk leader narrates the stories about the ancient monuments.
- Metcalf Canopy: A unique canopy perched on the peak of a hilly mound , was built in 1850s by british scholar "Charles Metcalfe" as a ‘folly’. It is called a folly as folly is a relatively new building actually meant to look like old. With a backdrop of a picturesque landscape, the folly looks so charming. Structurally build like a hexagon.
- Rajon Kee Baoli: A breathtaking stepwell (locally called a "Baoli"), This baoli is named "Rajon ki Baoli" after spooky stone masons who resided in its underground chambers. The baoli has a vertical shaft for drawing water and side by side has hollow passageways with small chambers to beat the heat during Indian summers. This spot is considered to be most haunted place of Delhi during the latenight hours.
- Jamali Kamali Mosque: This ancient mosque and tomb built in red sandstone belonged to a saint with huge local following. Again people stay away from this spot in the late evenings and it is considered to be haunted with plenty of stories about the ghostly encounters and mishaps.
END: Now the group along with the walk leader Walks back to the Qutub Minar Metro Station and tour ends.
NOTE: Those who wish to travel to and return from the walk spot safely and comfortably in a private car, they can seek help from us for the same and we shall arrange.
NOTE: I know the different areas of the country. So not only will I be your guide in Old Delhi, I will also serve as a link to plan other tours also for you in different parts of my country.
Old Delhi Walking Tour, Delhi
Old Delhi, as a walled city, was founded in 1639 under the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, who decided to move his domain's capital here from Agra. The construction of the city was completed in 1648, from which point on Delhi remained the capital of the Mughal Empire Until Its fall in 1857.
Once filled with mansions and Havelis (traditional townhouses) of the nobles and members of the royal court, situated alongside elegant mosques and gardens, Old Delhi was also known for its bazaars and street food.
Red Fort, the former residence of Emperor Shah Jahan, is the most popular attraction in Old Delhi. On 15 August 1947, an Indian national flag was raised above the fort, symbolizing the independence of India as a nation, for the first time. Jama Masjid or Friday Mosque, the most notable piece of Islamic architecture, is found in the center of the city.
If you want to experience firsthand a busy Indian market, check out Chandini Chowk. This market was built by Emperor Shah Jahan and designed by his daughter Jahanara. The place was once divided by canals to reflect moonlight, hence it is also called Moonlight Square.
Old Delhi is crowded and chaotic. If you are an adventurous type and would like to explore this exciting place at your own pace, take our self-guided walking tour to discover the most famous attractions of Old Delhi!
Walking Tour Of Old Delhi
Guide Name: Ritesh
# of Attractions: 13
Tour Duration: 2 Hour(s)
Travel Distance: 2.0 Km or 1.6 Miles
Sight(s) Featured in This Guide:
- Red Fort
- Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir
- Gauri Shankar Temple
- Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib
- Sunheri Masjid
- Begum Samru's Palace
- Paranthe Wali Gali (Flatbread Lane)
- Town Hall
- Dharampura Haveli
- Galib Ki Haveli
- Fatehpuri Masjid
- Chandini Chowk Market
- Jama Masjid (Friday Mosque)
The Capital of Mughals was Agra (City of Taj Mahal) till 17th Century, Do you know why they shifted capital to Delhi?
- The Main Market of Old Delhi, CHANDANI CHOWK (Moonlight Square), Do you know what is story behind its name?
- Why Old Delhi always a Street Food paradise for locals & visitors ? Listen the stories behind the famous street food CHAT (Savory Snacks)
- Visit Asia's Largest Spice Market
Hop on Delhi's sleek and modern metro for a short ride to the former Mughal capital. You'll get out in the heart of the Old City, where you'll head straight to the 17th-century Jama Masjid, a UNESCO-World Heritage site and one of the world's largest mosques. Where you will find Your Tour Guide and tour will be start. With fragrant street food stalls, centuries-old Mughal landmarks, and packed marketplaces, Old Delhi is a feast for the senses. Buzzing with energy and excitement, it can be intimidating for first-timers to visit on their own— or even many veteran travelers to India. During this convenient and in-depth guided tour, you'll get an insider's peek at the legendary historic neighborhood, without any of the hassles of arranging your own visit. Your guide will be on-hand to share stories of the city as you explore winding lanes and off-the-beaten-track back alleys. Hop a cycle rickshaw, one of Delhi's classic forms of transportation, and enjoy a one-of-a-kind ride to Asia's largest spice market. You'll get a chance to sample some of the city's classic street dishes — like paratha, a stuffed Indian flatbread — before your guide brings you back to the hotel.
This Tour "Rediscover Old Delhi - A Heritage Walk to Old Delhi Streets" is a blended mixture of all the offerings which Old Delhi "Shahjahanbad" has. It is a complete experience of Old Delhi like a local.This Tour completely exposes the local busy life of the common people who are thriving hard for their day to day earnings. As Old Delhi "Shahjahanabad" is full of history, culture, heritage, old bazaars (markets), Asia's biggest Spice Market and of course the Street Food which the Delhites are fond off.... I am sure you are going to fall in love with it, as you move on the streets of Old Delhi. You would be enjoying every moment as there is lot more to capture by your eyes and camera.
TEMPLE tour of Delhi
A day tour suited for all age type exploring Delhi best temple, the tour which can be planned for half day or full day depending upon your schedule available.
HALF DAY tour, we will start with Hanuman Temple (Hindu religion) located in the central part of Delhi, this temple is quite famous and attracting devotees for more than a decade. (Avoid Tuesday)
After the visit we continue to visit SIKh Temple, the temple outer structures is made of marble stone and yellow gold plated dome, a temple dedicated to Sikh religion attract many devotees across the North India. (Avoid Sunday).